Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spring into Action Week 1 Check in

Boy what a busy month it has been so far!  Training at work has really thrown a wrench in my workout time, cooking time, sleep time.... time in general.  You get the picture :)  Looking forward to Monday when I'll finally be back to my actual schedule and no more rush hour traffic!  Makes all the difference :)

So here goes!  With March comes the newest challenge by the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans.  This time around it's a little more of what I've seen before.  We were to make teams and we're competing using our weight loss as a whole against other groups.  I grouped up with my buddy from last year's kickoff Shrinking Jeans challenge.  My Chunky Monkey partner Melissa! :)

We kicked it off with the Shamrock Shuffle virtual 5k!  We got together down in Tempe with her husband and her dog and we walked around the lake a bunch of times.  The weather was gorgeous, the sun with the breeze lifting off the water, it was very enjoyable!  I had a really nice time catching up a bit.


Our first week's mini challenge was yoinked from the Shrinking Jeans suggestions.  We decided to take pictures of our food each day to observe how we're eating and where we can make improvements.  I really had fun doing it.  My weekend for sure shows my mood and where things got a bit bumpy when I got bad news.  But as I have learned many many times, one or two meals don't discredit all the hard work I've put in!  I hummed and hawed a bit before making the decision to share my bad days with the Shrinking Ladies group.  I felt that it was more about me being honest rather than anyone else really caring what I'm eating day to day so I went ahead and shared.  And here are the 6 days I kept track of:



 This current week's goal is to work out for 40 mins for at least 4 days.  I have already put in day 1!


Other good news would be I'm down just shy of another 1/2 pound. :)  They're coming off a lot slower now but I'm more than alright with that since I've lost what was really important to me.  From here on out, I'm still working hard, eating right, and paying attention, but I'm not stressing about whether I will yo-yo since I know that the last 2.5 months have made changes in my body for the better.  The longer the habits stay, the more I'll benefit from them no matter what the scale says every week.

I hope everyone out there is doing well.  I went from having a meltdown (over a change of doctors, postponing/cancelling a procedure) to being honky dorey again for the most part.  I'm very grumbly that I won't actually meet the doctor performing my procedure before it happens, but it was that or wait for an unknown amount of time (months) for my doctor to possibly come back.  I wish her well in whatever she's dealing with and now I'm back to hoping for the best (crossing my fingers for answers) with my surgery to figure out my abdominal issues that have been plaguing me for over a month.

It's the tough times that make it all worth it.  I know the strength acquired in hardships.  I've been through many of my own as have all of you.  They are essential to life itself.  How else would we learn?  Just remember that bad times will end and there's no reason to fret or stress too much.  It's bad for your health! :)

6 comments:

  1. I really liked your group's idea of taking pictures of your food, I would think it would keep you pretty accountable for your group. My first week wasn't so good, but I'm hoping this week will be better. I'm really trying to step up. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton!! It really can be an eye-opener when you are taking pictures of every little thing you eat... some days it'll make you feel bad but it's the learning process, learning your habits, your weaknesses! I enjoyed the experience! you might think about trying it for a week just to see what you're really consuming :) Hope you're having a great second week so far!

      Delete
  2. Cool idea on taking pictures of your food! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm feeling pretty good so far this week! Hope you're having more success getting out the door and back on the pavement!

      Delete
  3. This is awesome! And girl, you look great! I'm super stoked for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a doll! I feel pretty good (great won't happen until medical unknowns get answered....*sigh*) but I'm super proud of how far I've come this year :) Can't WAIT to break the SQUIRREL! *sorry I couldn't help myself* but really I can't wait to break out of the 180's :) A few more weeks focused on cardio and then I'll throw more into toning with just a bit of cardio :) Hope this week is great with your group!

      Delete