Saturday, November 1, 2014

It's November?

Well here it is... month 11 and man where has the time gone?!  It's almost time for me to go back and read my Dear Me letter at the beginning of 2015!!

Well let's just jump right in!

Medically I'm doing about the same.  The search for doctors and answers is frustrating but the search does continue.  I actually have 3 appts in the next two weeks and hopefully someone will have something for me!

That being said, I think I'm doing really well emotionally.  This struggle has me down and is just honestly beating the crap out of me but I'm still moving and I'm still searching.  I can't give up.  I won't give up!  So I'm just army crawling through all the crap to get to where I need to be.  It's been an extremely slow and limited journey for the last 9 months and I'm not where I wanted to be at this point in the year.  BUT that's not what I'm focusing on.

Even with all that has happened, I'm still down about 17 or 18 pounds for the year.  I'm not in better shape but I'm still getting the blood pumping with walking.  However I can get in at least 20 mins a day just to avoid being overly lazy!


I've snuck in a 5k or two when I really shouldn't be, but it makes me feel good to know that I can push through the pain to get something done if I really need to!



So for November, I'm going back to basics but I'm also challenging myself.

I've been told by a doctor that I need to strengthen my core.  Not with crunches or situps or russian twists, but with planks.  And how convenient is it that the Shrinking Jeans has their #planksgiving calender out for the month!



I'm going to try to do a 3 mile walk once a week.  This may be setting a bar too high but I just don't feel like my upper body is responding to the cardio since I'm only walking about a mile and a half over 2 breaks at work every day.


I'm going to go back to my dumbbells and work on my arms and back.  It takes 5-10 mins a day and it's something that won't hurt any of my injuries so let's get those weights back into my life!


And on top of it all, I've finally made the leap to commit to the NaNoWriMo challenge.  I DON'T have the time for it whatsoever but one of my serious life long dreams is to write.  What better opportunity??  I can't believe I've been passing it up for so many years but this is the first November I've not been in school!  So, I'm going to do what I can to get through it and make it aaaaaaaaaaall work out!  A friend posting on FB and my motivation ring talked me into taking this jump and I hope that I enjoy it as much as I'm looking forward to the challenge. I will most likely start a new blog just strictly about/for writing but I'm hoping in the process I'll be more active here as well.  I feel like my injuries have dampered my love of sharing and inspiring.


So thank you to all those who help me and keep me motivated in all things.  I hope I can continue to do the same for others.

1 comment: