Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Drinking Water.

We all know that soda is bad for us.  We also know that drinking water is extremely cheap.  Our bodies crave water day in and day out.  But here's my problem.  Water is boring.

Anything you drink is counted towards your liquid amounts for the day but what are you really drinking and why?  I personally can't give up soda, it's just not gonna happen.  But during the day, when I'm working out, or doing my homework, I tend to stick to water.  But I hate the taste (or lack) of water.  So I try to find other things that are "healthy for me" to drink.

Coffee is a suggested drink occasionally for the caffeine but I'm not a huge fan of the taste.  Tea is the one I've recently started drinking more.  I prefer green iced tea (I live in Phoenix.... it's hot) but I'll have a hot cup every now and then.  And yesterday, I rediscovered a drink that I used to buy all the time a few years ago when I got bored with water.  I hadn't thought about it because our normal grocery store doesn't carry it.  The flavored sparkling water that Walmart sells (for 68 cents per liter)!  I used to buy 8-10 bottles and drink them throughout the day.  It's fizzy like soda, but there's no calories, no caffeine, no sugar, so it's pleases all the encompassing features of what I CAN have!


While I realize this post is not rocket science or some huge epiphany, it's still something I think about every day.  What liquids am I putting in my body day after day?  The question matters and the answer is what's important to your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment