Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Slackin'

I'm finding it hard to sit down and write about stuff on here.  I don't want to be boring and talk about all the same stuff or point out how much I'm either slacking or not sticking to goals I've set. : /

A couple weeks ago I posted a picture of the 300 ab workout that I said I was going to try and do a couple times a week.  Well, I finally tried it for the first time last night and it kicked my butt.  I was only able to do half of it because my abs just wouldn't have it.  But! It's super intense and I can only imagine the killer abs I could have if I actually stick to it 2-3 times a week!

As for my weights, they are getting some good use!  I am starting to see some arm muscle when I flex. :)  My only problem is that lifting the weights irritates my shoulder and that keeps me from sleeping.  But I'm hoping that by doing safe lifting, I can strengthen the muscles around my shoulder without actually doing shoulder presses.

I must admit that my cardio has taken a nose dive over the last couple of weeks.  I'm not getting my elliptical workout in every day and while it makes me sad, my knees thank me for it.  After all the current hype about the 5k's coming up, it's making me want to run!  I don't know how to go about doing it safely (both knees are injured and have been for years).  It's just really rough on my knees, that's why I love the elliptical so much!  It takes a lot of the pressure off because you're not slamming down into pavement or a treadmill.  But, I might suck it up soon and try the C25K program out there...

And last but not least, my biking has tapered off as well.  School has been a struggle this semester and I feel like my total dedication and focus on exercising might have contributed to some bad test grades, so this second half, I'm still working out, but not as intensely as Jan and Feb.

I guess the good news out of all this is that even though life got tough with things being thrown every which way, I'm still making the effort to better myself.  I'm still working toward that kick ass body.  And!  Side note that will most likely be a post tomorrow, I'm almost down 10 lbs for the year!!!  It's coming off slow and it's being done in a healthy way.  That ensures me that I'm doing what I can and if I keep this up, it will stay off. :)

3 comments:

  1. I started the C25K program last year. I did about half of day 1, then collapsed in bed and didn't move for about 45 minutes. I haven't looked at it since. I guess their definition of "couch" isn't the same as mine.

    Grats on -10 lbs! I've always thought that those "lose X lbs in Y days" diets are silly, because most of those X lbs are water weight, which means that the next Y days you won't be able to lose X lbs again, so you get depressed, put on 2X lbs and then go through the cycle again. I'd be willing to guess that those 10 lbs you've lost are real, since it's over an extended period of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also: where's the April 1 picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I like your couch definition better too! and I'll get it up soon. it'll have to be april 2nd's pic instead haha. like I said, slackin'....

    ReplyDelete