Saturday, July 13, 2013

Well it's Saturday.

It has been quite possibly the most stressful week I've had in months.  The company I work for just went through a huge merge and because of that, they're asking for a crap ton of overtime and they also asked for a select few to sacrifice a weekend to work 7 days of graveyards.  I was actually not picked to work this shift but my friend whom I carpool with every day was.  What did that mean for me?  We talked my supervisor into letting me do it too so we could continue to carpool.  7 days of people living in the SAME complex NOT driving together?  That's just silly.

So in all reality, they said it's 7 days straight so we were supposed to get 2 weird days off.  But because of the required overtime on top of the crazy scheduling, I'm working 10 days straight, a minimum of 10 hours a day!

These shifts have not been kind to my body, digestive system, or my sanity!  I have had no time to even think about working out this week and I don't expect to next week either.  Not until I'm done with my 10 days and am chillin' on my 3 day weekend.

So in all of this, I've re-evaluated what kind of working out I'd like to do or what I can do.  With my knees injured and my wrist tendonitis flaring up, I can't run and lifting weights is getting difficult.  A recent post from SJ about yoga poses made my brain click again.  I'd love to start doing yoga but with my schedule, even my normal one, I have no time to find a class to attend.  I don't know the first thing about yoga anymore.  The last class I attended was physical therapy mandated back in 2005!  I took a Pilates class back in 2009 and really enjoyed it but wasn't able to stick with it because it was a college class not like a normal class you'd take from a real trainer.

For any of you out there browsing my blog, do you have suggestions on how to go about doing yoga?  I'd like dvds over teaching myself, at least in the beginning so I can follow direction.  Maybe there are awesome online yoga videos that work for some?  I need to sit down next weekend and do some research to see what I can find to better my health and maybe reign in some of my sanity.  :)

Hope everyone's week went well and here's to next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment