Thursday, February 28, 2013

Learning to Rest.

This month has been a long one and yet it was gone in a second.  I can't believe I'm already taking midterms in school and 2 months are gone forever from 2013!  January was a touch and go month for my weight loss journey.  I hadn't fully committed it seems and I hadn't found my groove and motivation.  February, thanks to a lot of tears, anger, and support, I got into my groove.  Now that March is approaching, it's time to learn a lesson that some take too much of and some not enough.

Resting.

Most normal recommendations suggest 3 days of strength training and 2 days of cardio.  I think that setup is for the girls who already have their tight bodies!  I am doing cardio AND strength training at least 5 days a week and sometimes several times a day depending on what I snuck into my diet! eek!  But the thing that is most important is rest.  Give yourself a day or two, they don't have to be in a row.  Take Wednesdays and Saturdays off if ya want!  Also, rest is important for different muscle groups.  Giving them time to heal and that muscle time to build up.  You don't want to over do it and injure yourself.  Just remember that a day of rest isn't you being lazy (unless it's after 2 or 3 other days of rest), it's important for your body to have a breather once in a while.

That being said, I need to re-learn this lesson.  Now that I have my groove, I want to stick with it and just work out every day.  That isn't the best course of action.  So finding that balance between "yeah workin out all week!" and "it's been 9 days of working out, I should take a breather" is a lesson of importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment