Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Motivation

Motivation is a weird thing.  Some days you have it, some days you don't.  Some days you tell that motivation to shove it and other days you wish you could make up with it.  This journey that I'm on has been a very important lesson day to day.  Motivational pictures float around, I post a bunch, they're all over pinterest, etc. but reading the words don't give you that oomph you need, it's what's inside you.

I've noticed a pattern that Tuesdays seem to be my most productive day of the week.  I'm up for class early, and I end up cleaning the house, doing laundry, cooking extra stuff like salsas and whatnot.  I find this weird because by Thursday I have nothing left to give.  I am struggling to get up for class, I work out right before bed (if I work out at all that day), and I just don't want to do anything.  I took note of my actions today.  While doing my homework, I almost fell asleep several times.  Instead of taking that nap that I usually do, I got up and I washed some dishes.  I knocked out my laundry, and I did my workout super early because my homework load is pretty light this week.

I would love to find the energy everyone talks about gaining from eating healthy and working out.  I'm trying to do the best that I can and I'm just not seeing results.  So I have to change it up.  Figure out what I should adjust and try again.  It's a frustrating and long journey but if it helps me become a better me, then why not?  Why should I rob myself of that opportunity?  So here's to a productive day and another change.  One of these days it's just going to click for my body, my mind, and I'll be waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment