For my weight loss challenge, we were asked to get down and dirty with our goals for the challenge as well as the year. It took a few days and a post-it note or two for me to get my thoughts together about it. So here goes.
There are many ways to look at how much weight we lose. Some people set how many pounds to lose, some go with inches, and some are just happy to lose what they can. I have an overall goal of losing 45 pounds, but my actual goal is to fit in all my clothes again. I've been holding on to my entire dressy wardrobe in the hopes that I wouldn't have to buy new clothes just because I got fat. In regards to the 8 week challenge, I'm hoping to lose at LEAST 20 pounds by the end if not more!
How I'm going to do this:
1. I have (as mentioned in previous blogs) started doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred again. I am shooting for 3-4 days a week with this workout. (I hurt head to toe and I've only done it twice! I'm doing something right!) Another butt kicker is Banish Fat Boost Metabolism!
2. I just bought my dream tennis shoes yesterday and they should be here by next week. They weigh less than 3 pounds combined (soooo light like you're not wearing anything) and they are super supportive and comfy. Shoewear is terribly important when working out on a normal basis. (New Balance 610)
3. I have been keeping up with the Fab Abs January calendar. It's going to be a struggle, but I will always do one each day!
4. This semester for school I'm actually attending one of my five classes. (the other four are online) The campus is 3.9 miles one way and I plan on biking to and from class 3 days a week. (mostly because parking permits are outrageous!) This will be on TOP of my daily workouts. (this is my Trek 820)
5. I am a very big supporter of the Kinect for Xbox 360. If you don't have one, save up for one! The games are very active and there are a TON of games that encourage working out or are actually workout games! My favorites: Dance Central 1, 2, and 3, Zumba Fitness, and Just Dance 4 (It literally just came like 3 mins ago through UPS so I haven't tried it yet, but I've seen it played on the Wii). Games I'd like to save up for: Nike+ Kinect Training. These games get you up and active and all the dancing games have workout modes. They tend to burn more calories than circuit training workouts!!
6. I want to do the couch to 5k program at some point this year. I think I might start it up right after the 8 week challenge because the weather will be warming up a bit and I'd like to really run not do it on a treadmill, but there is a treadmill version for those who don't want to really run!
7. And last but not least, nutrition. I'm not picking a diet where you go no carbs, or no sugar, or no this or no that. I am keeping track of calories consumed. My daily goal is about 1550 calories but there's room to play with that number. My biggest changes in my diet are protein and fruits and veggies. I'm trying to increase my protein intake to help heal those muscles faster. I'm not a big fruit person so I'm trying to have more veggies incorporated into my meals. It helps that I am home almost 24/7 so I'm always cooking for myself and my boyfriend. Another downfall is snacking. I don't like to snack but I know it's used to curb hunger and help you eat less during normal meals. I'm gonna try to snack more than normal.
It all looks like a ton but when you put one foot in front of the other, and think one bite at a time, it's less daunting and easier for you to focus and reach your goals!